Monday, November 10, 2008

Be Still

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm

They had a party for me yesterday, after church.
There were flowers and gifts and food, notes of
appreciation, and two Terry Boch songs, written just for me!

Everything a girl could want.

And yet I want to sit and cry.

The new office is getting easier to manage. I feel the
presence and power of God in this place.
I feel His love for these new people I serve.
I don't smell the smells and recoil. Instead, I want
to step into the ball and swing.

The woman I prayed for Friday came in to see me today.
I felt her connection and her determination to hold
onto her program and our Father.

And yet I want to sit and cry.

I don't want it to be over, this part of my life!!
I need to let it go, and yet I so want to hold on.
The ocean is rising, the thunder roars.
There is no where to run, no where to hide.
It encompasses me, grabs my ankle and won't let go
as the water rises over my face.

I will soar with You above the storm
--Yes I know that
but I cannot feel that now.

Hold onto me, Father. I asked for this and
I know You are near. Help me burn the ships,
so the temptation to return will not
overwhelm me in the flood.

Father, You are King over the Flood

I know I only have to be still
and You will let it wash over me
and it will be ok.

Hold my hand, Beloved. Hold tight!

And I will be still
and know that You are God.

No comments: