Saturday, October 15, 2011

Closed doors, open doors

It has been my prayer, "Lord shut the doors you don't want me to enter, and open wide the ones You do."

It used to be my frustrated wail that people shut doors for me, not allowing me in. But then, I began to see the Lord's protective hand on the shut doors and began to praise Him instead. Lately, as I have begun to seek other places in ministry, the doors continue to shut. I have walked away this time, thinking it too was the Lord protecting me.

Tonight as I look at the scriptures, they are full of open doors ~ doors open for ministry and salvation. God is not closing doors for His children, He opens them. Recently as I prayed I saw God kicking wide open a door for me. "You will not miss it," He seemed to say. In the scriptures, I see doors open as we knock and seek God in prayer.

For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Luke 11:10

Maybe I gave up too soon? Maybe if I labor in prayer the door will yet open for me.

Father, I know You alone open and close doors. And I am grateful for how You have guided me through the ones You have closed as well as the ones you have opened. Father, I want to serve you. Please open wide the door for ministry for me. Please let me back in!!

Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless. Psalm 84:10-11

No comments: