Saturday, January 11, 2014

Immersed In the Evening-Remembered Drama

Written today during an creative exercise at NJCWG 
but it captures the heart of my feelings about my dear grandson and his mom,
starting their own home.


It was the first anniversary of them leaving our home.  I stared out the window into the cool night.  I could almost hear the sound, like a space ship taking off into the crystal twilight sky. Remembered our dramas together, lipping full with activity -- hugs and kisses, games and laughter, how I missed them! Our years together was a complex bouquet, a bewitching hurricane that only an adventurous and enchanting seven-year-old boy could create.        

Gio at Wendy's After Liquid Kids

Hastening to the door, I went out into the evening, expectant.  And yet, as I opened the door, it was quiet as death.  Like my sorrow, it was boundless.  Like my heart, empty.

Father, thank You for giving me him for this first season of his life.  You give and take away. I trust You.  Make him into the man of God you always intended him to be.  As I have to let go of him, I hold firmly to You.  

Always.


So be careful how you live; be mindful of your steps. Don’t run around like idiots as the rest of the world does. Instead, walk as the wise! Make the most of every living and breathing moment because these are evil times. So understand and be confident in God’s will, and don’t live thoughtlessly. ~ Ephesians 5:15-17 

No comments: