Friday, November 09, 2007

Roll Away the Stone

Psalm 32

3
When I refused to confess my sin,
my body wasted away,
and I groaned all day long.

4 Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me.
My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat.

5 Finally, I confessed all my sins to you
and stopped trying to hide my guilt.
I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.”
And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.


He's forgiven me. I have confessed and although the temptations still dog me, He has forgiven me.

I need to believe that.

My sin, my troubles, are like a huge boulder, rolling towards me, threatening to crush me. It is too big for me, I cannot push it away. It is too fast. I cannot out run it.

But my Lord and my God is an awesome God. He is enormous, much larger than anything. He is more powerful, more merciful, more loving than I can even imagine.

So I crawl up onto His lap and leave my burden there. He will not forget it. He will not ignore it. I am not ignoring my responsibility here, I am acting in the most responsible manner because I am leaving it with the ONLY One who can manage it.

And as I roll the stone off my back, I feel such a relief. The stone, a huge boulder to me, is like a grain of sand to Him, my Mighty God and Savior.

So roll away the stone, onto Him.

6 Therefore, let all the godly pray to you while there is still time,
that they may not drown in the floodwaters of judgment.
7 For you are my hiding place;
you protect me from trouble.
You surround me with songs of victory.

No comments: