Sunday, March 30, 2014

the Right Time

John 7:6-9 Reprise

I'm thinking about this, what Jesus said to His brothers:  

Now is not the right time for Me to go, but you can go anytime.


Because Jesus was on a mission, to accomplish the work His Father gave Him, it was not ONLY about doing WHAT the Father instructed Jesus to do. It was also about the right TIME.

How many times have I done that -- I've said something that was true, but at the wrong time. Or in the wrong way.  Or in the wrong place, with too many people around.  You've done that before too, right? If you have, I am sure a similar thing happened:

It did not go well.  Yeah. 

After I continued to pray about telling the truth, Jesus reminded me to wait for His perfect timing.  "Stay with Me, Barbara. Don't run ahead," He often says to me. Because I want to rush into something before the Holy Spirit has prepared hearts and set the stage for the miracle He intends to work in the lives of my loved ones.

Lord, You know I still have the patience of a 3-year-old!  Help me to wait for the Father's perfect timing.  No matter what urge I feel from my heart or from others, let me wait, as You did. Help my trust in You! 

No comments: