In Praise of a Good Wife: Proverbs 3110 A truly good wife is the most precious treasure a man can find!
11 Her husband depends on her, and she never lets him down.
12 She is good to him every day of her life...20 and she helps the poor and the needy.
21 Her family has warm clothing, and so she doesn't worry when it snows.
22 She does her own sewing, and everything she wears is beautiful.
24 She makes clothes to sell to the shop owners.
25 She is strong and graceful, as well as cheerful about the future.
26 Her words are sensible, and her advice is thoughtful.
27 She takes good care of her family and is never lazy.
28 Her children praise her, and with great pride her husband says,
29 "There are many good women, but you are the best!"
30 Charm can be deceiving, and beauty fades away,
but a woman who honors the LORD deserves to be praised.
31 Show her respect-- praise her in public for what she has done.
My Dear Christina,
You are about to embark on one of life's most wonderous journeys...the journey of motherhood.
It is a journey full of joy and sorrow, something that you will do by instinct and by diligent effort. It is something that you learned to do in the times even before you have memories, while I was mothering you. My prayer is that you will recall the best of what I poured into you and that our Father in Heaven will enpower you to overcome all that was not of Him.
As you begin, please consider my advice....
(1) Rely on prayer. God loves this baby much more than you do and is vested in his health, development and has great plans for his future. So pray for guidance when you are confused, pray for consolation and encouragement when you are overwhelmed and distressed, and pray for forgiveness when you make a mistake. God longs to give all these things to you freely and abundantly. But our Father is a polite God, He will not force Himself upon you. So seek Him out.
(2) Rely on friends. Diligently seek out other women with small children. Their company will encourage you, their example will teach you, their children will be your sons first friends. No one will understand your concerns and give you as much good advice and sensitive sympathy as other mothers. You will need this like you need air.
(3) Rely on your instincts. While it is good to get advice from other women, it is important to know that the best person to decide what is best for your son is you and Manny. This may have been a surprise to us, but God knew about it all along and He purposefully put this baby inside of you long ago and will give you everything you need to raise him. Every child is different. The best person to decide for your son is you.
(4) Be kind to yourself. Feed the mother first. Get enough rest. Take care of your needs. A sick, tired, grumpy, hungry mother is not a good mother. Taking care yourself is very important to the care of your baby.
(5) Don't forget the Daddy. Take time to nourish your relationship with Manny. In the craziness and confusion, you can forget about him. In the physical care for your child, your need for affection will diminish, but his will not. Be nice to him. You need him.
And remember, the answer to the question is always yes, no matter what, I love you!