Tuesday, May 27, 2008

12 ordinary men

Matthew 10:1 Jesus called his twelve disciples together and gave them authority to cast out evil spirits and to heal every kind of disease and illness.


And who are these incredible men? Men who can heal and have powers even over principalities and powers?

Fishermen, tax collector, political activist? Just regular Joes, ordinary men.

They will be the first preachers of the gospel, and yet, their only training was to have watched the Master. Their only qualification was their willingness to go.

Beloved, send me! Must I stay home because You have created me a woman? Then why did you put this longing in my heart to more greatly serve You? Is there another qualification I must have? Why then did you send them, these 12 ordinary men, and yet, I cannot go?

Your ways are unsearchable, help me to trust them.

But this time, just this time, can you please send this ordinary woman?

No comments: