Thursday, October 24, 2013

Do not deprive each other

Because there is so much sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman should have her own husband. The husband should fulfill his wife’s sexual needs, and the wife should fulfill her husband’s needs.  The wife gives authority over her body to her husband, and the husband gives authority over his body to his wife.

Do not deprive each other of sexual relations, unless you both agree to refrain from sexual intimacy for a limited time so you can give yourselves more completely to prayer. Afterward, you should come together again so that Satan won’t be able to tempt you because of your lack of self-control. (1 Corinthians 7:2-5, New Living Translation)



No discussion of the Excellent Wife is complete unless we talk about sex.  Ah, yes, sorry, and this is the day. In ministering to women I have found that the young unmarried girls need to be reminded NOT to have sex, but the married women need to be reminded to HAVE SEX.  

Yes, you heard it here.  If you have a husband, you need to have sex.  With him of course.  Yes, don't even wait to finish reading this blog entry, go, go now, find him!

Ha!  It is interesting that God knew that too.  We need to remind ourselves that when we are married, we are all in.  Even our bodies are not our own anymore.  And just because we don't feel in the mood, or are too tired, or he has gained weight, or I have gained weight, or too many little dirty sticky hands have touched me today and so now Don't! Touch! Me! 

Yes. I know.  I've lived there too.

But my husband has promised to be faithful to me.  There is no other healthy outlet for sex and affection for Al than me.  I need to fulfill that role if I am to love him well. Because if I am saying no, I am depriving him.  

And when I say yes, even when I don't feel like it in the beginning, in the end I do.  

So now, I am going! Goodnight! 

No comments: